Common Problems Addressed in SNFs that Require Specialized Knowledge
Diverse mental disorders: depression, anxiety, psychosis, trauma, hoarding, Axis II disorders, substance abuse, etc.
- Dementia syndromes, delirium, mild cognitive impairment, other neurological issues
- Adjustment to aging-related stresses including reduced independent functioning, changing roles, and changing environments
- Challenging behaviors such as verbal/physical agitation, noncompliance/refusal of care, etc.
- Coping with and managing chronic illness
- Behavioral health concerns such as insomnia, pain, poor health behaviors (smoking)
- Grief and loss
- End-of-life concerns/themes of death and dying