These are mini stress busters you can reach for at any time! Whether you have 1 minute or 3, use them for yourself.
Here are three quick breathing exercises to help you steal a few brief moments to pay attention to yourself and your needs. These mini breath stress busters you can reach for at any time! Whether you have 1 minute or 3, use them for yourself.
1. Elevator Breathing
- Your breath is an elevator taking a ride through your body.
- Breathe in through your nose and start the elevator ride.
- Breathe out and feel your breath go all the way to the basement, down to your toes
- Breathe in and take your elevator breath up to your belly.
- Hold it. Now, breathe out all your air.
- Repeat 2-3 times.
2. Lazy 8 Breathing
- Slowly trace the pattern on your forearm or thigh
- Inhale while drawing the left half of the 8
- Pause when the center is reached
- Exhale while drawing the right side of the 8
- Repeat 3-4 times
3. Box Breathing
- Start with a slow inhale for four seconds (being very conscious of your stream of breath).
- Feel the air in your lungs and hold it there for a count of four.
- Then exhale slowly to the count of four, feeling the air move out of your lungs,
- Then hold your breath for another slow, conscious count of four.
- Repeat the process as many times as needed.
Ready to Talk?
At CHE Behavioral Services, we understand the challenges of living with anxiety, stress, depression and worry. We are committed to helping those who are struggling. We offer online talk therapy and medication management designed to help people manage their symptoms and improve their quality of life. Our licensed mental health professionals work with clients to create personalized treatment plans that meet their unique needs and goals.
For more information about talk therapy at CHE, please call 888-515-3834. We are ready to talk and ready to listen.