On this page
Dr. Martorano explains how the pandemic increased the number of people living with depression, the primary symptoms of depression and what steps you can take, and the available treatment methods.
Dr. Raymond Martorano is a Psychologist at CHE Behavioral Health Services, which offers comprehensive mental health care, including in-person and telehealth psychology and psychiatry services. He has 49 years of experience as a clinical psychologist specializing in depression, anxiety, addictions, chronic health problems, relationship problems, and other life-change issues. Dr. Martorano uses skill-based therapy, which includes CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy), ACT (acceptance and commitment therapy), and DBT (dialectical behavior therapy). He helps people realize their potential and live their best life, given their unique circumstances.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Dr. Raymond Martorano’s background and the services he offers at CHE Behavioral Health Services
- The impact of the pandemic on the number of people living with depression
- What are the primary symptoms of depression?
- The steps to take once you discover you have depression symptoms
- How to challenge the negative thoughts that make you feel depressed
- Dr. Martorano talks about where people can go to get formal treatment for depression
- The various types of therapies that can be used to treat depression
- How sleep problems and depression are interrelated
- Dr. Martorano explains how to help yourself or someone else dealing with depression
In this episode…
Are you or someone close to you suffering from depression? Where can you get the help you deserve to tackle this mental health issue?
Research shows that over 200 million people worldwide and about 5% of people in the US suffer from depression. The situation worsened during the pandemic due to isolation, the loss of jobs and income, and the death of people’s loved ones. Dr. Raymond Martorano is spreading awareness about depression, various causes of depression, and the treatment methods they use to treat it.
In this episode of Ready to Talk, Ready to Listen, Chad Franzen of Rise25 sits down with Dr. Raymond Martorano, a Psychologist at CHE Behavioral Health Services, to discuss how to deal with depression. Dr. Martorano explains how the pandemic increased the number of people living with depression, the primary symptoms of depression and what steps you can take, and the available treatment methods.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- CHE Behavioral Health Services
- Call CHE: 888-831-2618
- Dr. Raymond Martorano
- National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
- The Noonday Demon: An Atlas of Depression by Andrew Solomon
- The Happiness Trap: How to Stop Struggling and Start Living: A Guide to ACT by Russ Harris
- The Mindful Way Through Depression: Freeing Yourself from Chronic Unhappiness by Mark Williams, John Teasdale, Zindel Segal, and Jon Kabat-Zinn
Sponsor for this episode
This episode is brought to you by CHE Behavioral Health Services.
CHE offers comprehensive mental healthcare solutions, including in-person and telehealth psychology and psychiatry services.
Listen: Americans are experiencing greater stress, anxiety, and depression than ever before.
CHE’s mission is to provide access to high-quality care and help individuals improve their quality of life and emotional well-being.
We have over 850 professionals committed to providing gold-standard and evidence-based behavioral healthcare.
To learn more about CHE or to book an appointment, please call us at 888-515-3834 or visit CHEservices.com.